Saturday, December 3, 2011

On the Fourth Day of Christmas...

On the fourth day of Christmas, The Farrier's Daughter gave to me...

25% Off
(Pink & Brown Cowgirl Canteen™)
This offer is good only on today's featured flask.
Offer begins at 12:00am December 4nd and ends at 12am December 5th.

Purchases can be made in the Shop
Use the discount code SALEDAY4 at checkout to redeem.

Not sure this one is just right for that special lady (or yourself)?
Check back daily, as there are  8 more days of deals!

Ok, now for those pictures I promised...

And yes, the star is super crooked...kinda matches the tree aye?
No worries...that is my motto this Christmas!

With a puppy, cat, and two small children, the tree is always a mess around the lower third.
I've decided to embrace it, and chose to decorate the lower portion with non-breakable ornaments...most of which are Dollar Tree ornaments!


 To mix in my love of vintage, and pretty up the base of the tree, we plopped the ordinary (and very ugly) tree stand in one of my old galvanized tubs.

Eventually, I will pull out some burlap and ruffle it around the base in place of the traditional tree skirt.

 
 Plain vases get a sprig of red berries to transform them from everyday decor to a simple festive display.


Tis the season for wood burning fires, and oh how I love a good fire.
This old wooden supply box comes in handy for holding firewood and newspaper.


I kept the mantle simple this year, the antique wooden drying rack came from a century farm estate sale, the tin star was a bargain at Goodwill, and the santa, reindeer and pipe-cleaner tree were all on clearance at TJ Maxx after Christmas last year.


This coat hanger (made from barnboard, salvaged trim, and old door knobs) hangs in our extra-wide hallway. One of my favorite Christmas items is this plush Santa.
He is a Woof & Poof brand and plays the sweetest Christmas song.






Take a good look at this nutcracker and tell me what you think my husband does for a living!
Haha, it's almost certain that every police officer out there has received one of these over the years.
We love him...broken pieces and all.


Last, some close ups of different ornaments on our tree.
I try to have a good mix of very fancy, good quality ornaments and throw in some bargains as well. Last year I started tearing white strips of cotton fabric to hang my ornaments instead of the cheap, and very frustrating bendable ones. I love the mix of torn cotton with fancy ornaments!

My hubby and kids say our tree is pretty, but boring...so this year I added in the aqua and shades of blue. I found some vintage glass balls at Goodwill, and fell in love with them immediately. The blue is beginning to come off and reveal the silver underneath and it is perfection!

I'm Linking Up with Where Women Createhttp://www.wherewomencreate.com/?p=6374

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your world with everyone. It is a lovely world to be in. merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Think? I'd love to know...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-21720588-4