Friday, March 25, 2011

If I had it to do all over again...the perfect wedding decor


The picture in my last post (of my father and I on my wedding day), paired with a wedding I saw featured on the Green Wedding Shoe site got me thinking. If I were to marry my husband all over again, how different it would look. Not to say I didn't absolutely love my wedding; I did! It was a magical day. We were surrounded by wonderful people, and it was fun. In fact, to this day, I haven't been to a wedding where I have such a good time (sorry friends and family, but it was mine so I suppose I am partial)! Isn't it funny how our likes and dislikes change over time? In 2005, lavender and green were colors that made me happy, so much so that they set the scheme for our wedding decor. So this is what my wedding actually looked like:

Doves (ok, so they weren't really doves, but no one knew the difference) were released as we had our first kiss.



These furry fellas greeted guests as they drove up to the vineyard.


My handsome groom and his crew.
All of the ladies getting ready.


Loved the rustic tin backdrop.










Polka dots were also in the mix.


My extremely talented aunt arranged all of the flowers and made all of the bouquets and boutennieres.


Did I mention we had fun???

Who doesn't love the money dance? And where better to stash your cash when your hands are full?

Since our wedding was in the evening and lasted well into the night, we opted for a sparkler send off in lieu of the traditional rice.Now that I am older, and know myself a little better, I would make a few changes. Only in the decor...not the husband, location, or experience. How you ask? Well, it would be more colorful. Much like Roselyn and Ben's wedding (like how it sounds like I know them?).


Take a look at some of these photos (from Green Wedding Shoes), or visit their site. It is full of eye candy, and bursting with wonderful ideas for all of you brides-to-be.




Love, love, love the rosettes!


The turquoise color in the strawberry crates paired with the rich red in the berry is natural beauty at it's best. And how genius is that? It's beautiful and practical...the guests can much on juicy strawberries!


I also enjoy the relaxed feeling that the centerpieces give off. Such a clever idea to use old, farm related photos.


Head on over to Green Wedding Shoes for more photos of this gorgeous wedding. From what I can see, the only thing missing were brightly colored Cowgirl Canteens for Roselyn and her bridesmaids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Think? I'd love to know...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-21720588-4