Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Very Happy Anniversary

May 28, 2005 I married this man...

We have spent the last 6 years on quite an adventure. Between a crazy remodel, two babies, and the stresses of everyday life, we are 6 years strong.


He is my friend, my partner, and my biggest fan.

To celebrate, we spent a day with just the two of us (something that doesn't happen often). We went to the Pearl District in Portland, and hit the streets. Shopping, walking, laughing...hand in hand. It was so enjoyable.


When walking made us thirsty, we would pop into a favorite pub and quench our thirst with a micro brew while dreaming up future vacations.


On our walk we stumbled upon this place:

It's called Cargo, a kind of Indie-inspired flea market.

Lots of things to look at; however, my favorite was their eclectic railing at the entrance.

So much color and character!




And of course I couldn't just walk right by my favorite store without paying respect.





Love how Anthropologie designers created a loft here by suspending one platform bed above the other. Note the railing turned on end to serve as the "ladder".

Who wouldn't want top bunk in this room???


Love all of the texture and color!



And quirkiness.



Did you know that chevron are in????

In Denim!


After shopping, we checked into our room and headed out for dinner at Henry's.

I will be dreaming of this meal for quite some time-delicious!


I had a fresh herb and danish blue cheese top sirloin steak, paired with a crispy potato cake, and swiss chard & shiitake mushroom skillet hash. Mmmmm.


Did I mention this place has over 100 beers on tap?

Poor bartenders practically need a map!


To end the night, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, and the Barrel Room!


Happy Anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Think? I'd love to know...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-21720588-4