Wednesday, April 18, 2012

T-Shirt Converted to Dress

Since the beginning of the school year, my oldest daughter has been begging me to buy or make her a, "Russian Dress". Two of her best friends in her Kindergarten class are Russian, and often wear the traditional, long, satin dresses. My daughter, being the girly-girl she is, absolutely LOVES them...the little girls, and their dresses!

My response to all of her requests has been something along the lines of, "Sweetie, I don't have a pattern for that style of dress."

Or sometimes, I gave her the more honest response, "Satin is really difficult to sew."


Then, this last weekend, we had a birthday party to attend.
My daughter came to me with a piece of paper with a carefully sketched pattern.               
 I've gotta hand it to my girl...she's got her mama's determination :-)
She wanted me to sew her a long party dress, and I couldn't put it off any longer.


Out to the notorious fabric stash we went.
With a little assistance, she chose the fabrics she wanted, and we were back to the drawing board. 
For my own sanity, we used a plain, fitted t-shirt for the top.

She was dead set on having the, "strips" be part of the dress. To speed up the process, I tried to talk her out of it, but it was, as she reminded me, "...in the pattern."


When we went outside to take some pictures of her in her new dress,
I was quickly reminded of the importance of those, "strips"!
What little girl wouldn't have fun spinning around in this dress?


she was more than ready to do a little modeling herself.






Today, I'm linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! How fun that she sketched a pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Thanks for sharing the pics. Sounds like you have a budding artist on your hands.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Think? I'd love to know...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-21720588-4